Position: Finance Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: In person at Bedford office
Full time (40 hours per week)
The Jewish Federation of New Hampshire (JFNH) represents and connects Jewish life in New Hampshire. JFNH promotes Jewish identity, values, achievements, and concerns, including our special relationship to Israel, with programs supporting Jewish families, communities, and institutions statewide.
Position is available immediately. Please email a cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Allyson Guertin at email@example.com for consideration. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Post all donations to Quickbooks; categorize carefully and accurately; reconcile income from QB to Bloomerang database monthly and prepare journal entries as necessary to post into system.
- Assist with year-end unpaid pledges and honor roll listings
- Monthly (or more frequently as necessary) run financial reports for year-to-date comparison to budget and P&L reports for different programs
- Assist Film Festival with tracking sponsors, vendors and payments; process ticket sales through Eventive and Stripe; ordering Certificates of Insurance; reporting
- Accounts Payable/Receivables: receipt of invoices and enter into QB, verify accuracy, prepare checks and send out. Invoice and track in QB any billings for special projects; follow up on unpaid invoices; allocate and enter incoming payments. Run reports.
- Changes, additions and deletions to the Chart of Accounts as necessary.
- Prepare all bank deposits; reconcile bank account statements including reconciliation of credit cards and charges
- Review insurance renewals, update or change policies as necessary and appropriate. Complete Workers Compensation Audit annually.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget including three-year comparison. Work with the Finance Committee to analyze income, expenditures, changes, additions and deletions to budget as appropriate. Preparation of information for approval by Board of Directors.
- Preparation of special budgets for special projects and grants. Reporting on same.
- Remitting invoices and tracking payments for Jewish Reporter including verifying commission payments
- Foundation reports including reconciliation and gain/loss reports for all endowment funds on a monthly basis; preparation of annual Statement of Change for use by Foundation and Federation to determine funding from the endowments.
Attend Foundation meetings; take and transcribe notes of meeting.
- Work with CPA Firm to prepare Financial Review/Audit
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree with a minimum of 3 year of experience in a nonprofit organization
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite/Excel, Outlook, Zoom
- Understanding of investment activities pertaining to fund allocation
- Ability to work well with peers, volunteers, donors, board members, and community stakeholders
Jewish Federation of New Hampshire (JFNH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer