The Irving & Bernice Singer Israel Experience Program
Dear Teens and Parents:
The Israel Experience is an exciting teen initiative of the Jewish Federation of New Hampshire. It is based on the guiding principle that continuing Jewish education linked with a peer trip to Israel will forge a strong Jewish identity in the hearts and minds of youth.
The Jewish Federation of New Hampshire strongly believes that a young adult peer travel experience to Israel is a fundamental educational opportunity in American Jewish communal life.
Funding for this program comes in part from the Irving and Bernice Singer Israel Experience Fund of the Jewish Federation Foundation.
What You Need to Know:
- Up to $1000* is available to any Jewish teen entering 11th or 12th grades who lives in NH or whose family belongs to a NH Jewish congregation for a peer trip to Israel that is a minimum of 3 weeks. The grant is not based on financial need. Teens particpating in Gap years or Peer programs are also eligible.
- This amount is increased to up to $1800* for students who have continued with Hebrew High School through 10th grade or have completed their own synagogue’s high school program.
- Families must be current members of the Jewish Federation of New Hampshire with a donation $100 or more to the Annual Campaign .
- Families' accounts with JFNH must be in good standing.
- A statement of cost for the trip from the trip provider must be submitted to the JFNH.
- Applications will be considered as they are received as long as funding is available.
- To participate in three pre-trip sessions with the JFNH Israeli Emissary
- To submit an article for the NH Jewish Reporter upon their return
- To share their experiences and promote this program by speaking at either the JFNH Annual Meeting or an Israel Experience Information Session
* The amount of individual grants may vary depending upon the total number of applicants.
Questions? Contact Nancy Frankel by clicking HERE.