Summary: Reporting to the Director, the Program Coordinator has primary responsibility for developing and implementing the PJ Library and PJ Our Way program and Seniors Forever Young Program as well as to think creatively about ways to engage teens and young adults. Additional responsibilities include assisting with additional Federation programming that occurs throughout the year. This is a hands-on position with the goal of increasing connections and participation in Jewish life to all members of the community including interfaith families and those unaffiliated with a synagogue. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, creative, organized, and be able to act as a community organizer while possessing an unequivocal level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Work with Federation staff, committee members and volunteers to develop and increase the overall engagement with our PJ Library and senior communities
- Manage all committees related to the PJ Library and Seniors Forever Young.
- Execute event development, planning, marketing, and coordination
- Manage the PJ Library and JFNH Young Families Connection Facebook pages
- Develop and implement a year-round calendar for engagement programs for the Federation’s PJ Library and Seniors Forever Young
- Serve as primary contact between Federation and National PJ Library representatives
- Manage Grinspoon Foundation reporting and Grant process
- Build relationships with local synagogues and Jewish agencies
- Support all Federation special events
- Accept other duties and special programs as assigned
It is understood that the above duties and responsibilities are subject to change and are not intended to be 100% inclusive of all that will be expected to execute the position successfully.
- Prior experience in a related field preferred
- Strong networking skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience planning and marketing programs
- Creativity and vision
- Understanding of Jewish values, holidays, traditions, and culture
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate both inside and outside the organization
Required Attributes and Competencies
- Proven ability to manage volunteer committees
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate events in an effective and efficient manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Outstanding verbal and written skills and the ability to speak and present to the public
- Strong social media skills
Must be willing to work Sunday’s and travel throughout New Hampshire to provide programming.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org